Sunday, November 30, 2008

And I Almost Forgot.

I've been keeping a little scrap in my book so I can jot down things I want to remember to post about. Here are a few things I have to say:



-Badmouthing guests to other guests is just plain trashy. Especially when the guests you badmouth are within earshot. And very nice regulars. Don't be an asshole.



-Since when did hosts become their own degenerate species. It's like they clock in and leave their brains in their coat pockets with their fuzzy mittens and favorite keychain. Seriously, is it a good idea to triple seat the new kid? For real? God blessed you with a brain. Use it.



-Big GM: You do not own anyone here. And you're the GM of a common chain. Not a 5 star restaurant. You are not better than anyone here. At all. In fact all that you are is a disrespecting asshole. Who happens to be my boss. Lucky me.


-Old Faithful: You are this restaurants lifer. That is not something to be proud of. So stop bragging. We all know your reputation. And boy, it's quite an extensive one.


-Learn how to carry a tray!!! This restaurant has tray service. It's not going to up and change one day. Learn. You CAN do it. And along with that has anyone heard of Safety Language? "Coming Around Hot" "Right Behind You" "Sharp Coming Around" etc.?? Or are we all trying to kill each other?


-Full Hands In/Full Hands Out. Another dying tradition at my place. Help your team mates a little. Goddamn. Take some cups. Get the dish guy a drink. Run food. Something people.


-Speaking on dish guys, Little Guy has now developed reasoning as to why I do not want him. It is apparently because I am afraid of him. Hahhahahaaa. And now that Hot Manager is gone his cook friends that know too much are a bit too friendly. Thanks HM. For putting my business out there.


-AND LASTLY!!!! For all those out there reading, TIP YOUR SERVER!! We appreciate it. Cause most of us try hard and work hard.