Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Not Your Usual $4.00 Monday...

That's right kids. The Unhappy Waitress here with a suprising update. I actually made money last night. Mondays have been in recent months, due to the failing infastructure of our economy (thank you W, bring on Jan 20!!!), crap! Wellllll, the guests I had last night did not get that memo! Or i'm a fantastic server(it's probably that!!!).


$23.oo, then $13.00, then $17.00, then $20.00 and so on. It was my lucky night I guess! Old School this was typical. My Monday and Tuesday closes were always hundred dollar nights. Until the introduction of $4.oo Monday. For the past few months it just seems as if, not matter how hard I try, or how nice I am, there are four crisp one dollar bills on evey check. WooHoo:( Mind you, I am grateful for every dollar I make. It's one I didn't have when I walked in. And The Unhappy Waitress, she's poor.

**Now, when I say poor, I mean I live in a costly apt by myself and have lots and lots of expenses and expensive taste. ( I am really getting better though, I only shop on sale and I save and cut corners. Blech.) **

Anywho.

I don't not like Mondays. They're just always crazy. I am always in the same section. And I don't get there 'til 5:30 so as soon as I get in, I get a table. Then my Monday night regulars come in. They're an older couple and they always bring cookies. She drinks beer and him, iced tea. He always gets the same exact thing, she switches it up. They always have a coupon and they leave around $5.62 on a credit card. I don't mind them. They're nice enough. Everyone else loves them (everyone else also eats cookies. I do not). However, last night another of my tables (not exactly regulars, but they come in often) paid for their meal and they left me a fabulous tip. Plus they left me an even better tip on their own check. Go U.W.!!

Then next thing you know, I hear someone call my name and I turn around and see a guy from my day job and his family. I seat them in my section, take care of them and they take care of me!! Overall internets, it was a good night. I have no complaints. Well except that hot manager was there and he W-O-R-K-S my nerves. On purpose. In a sexy, you know you want me way(Just a little blurb of whats to come....)

Monday just might become my favorite shift. This week that is!!!

No comments: