Thursday, November 20, 2008

Random Restaurant Ramblings

I'm off 'til tomorrow but I still have rants and raves. Always. If you ever watch people from a restaurant chat, they could go on and on and on some more about random bullshit with the people they work with. It's neverending.





I went into work to take care of something yesterday. I wasn't working but I was still there. Obvi I live there! And while I was there I witnessed a phenomenon. Everyone who works in a restaurant knows this one. There is always that person who can do EVERYTHING better. EVERYTHING. So, anywho, I'm standing in the alley talking to one of the hosts, and the bartender comes over and says, "UHH, did you think maybe you can put your soup down and get the phone? There's a takeout on hold and he's mad cause he had to call twice to get through." So young, dumb and cute (the host) puts down her soup and goes to get the phone. The bartender (Who, just so you know thinks she knows all and ends all at our restaurant.) continues to gripe about her. "What's the point of having a host if I'm gonna do her job all night?" This sentence is extremely interchangeable in the restaurant. Its not always old faithful (the bartender) who uses it. It gets used by many. So it's more like "What's the point of having a host/manager/server/cook/dishwasher/bartender if I'm gonna do their job all night?" Maybe cause it's not your job?



Is it so hard folks to just do your sidework correctly??? I work 4-6 shifts a week. I usually close on EVERY single one of them. So when you do your sidework like shit on monday and get all bent out of proportion when I make you stay late to fix it, why would you again do it like SHIT on tuesday and be so so suprised when I look at you like an idiot. Stop being a failure at life thanks.

Cups, Spoons, Napkins, Bullets (not the kind for guns, the kind otherwise known as ramakins), straws, glasses... Just a few things we need and SHOULDN'T run out of. But always do. I don't get it. Who makes the executive decision to skimp on napkins. Who says, "Don't order too many napkins cause we might not use them and I don't want them to go bad!" I am convinced that the rest of the stuff gets thrown out by our oh-so-incompetent dish guy. He washes dishes for a living and can't even do that right. I don't get it.

Contests. It's getting to be Christmas time. And the managment team wants us to drive sales up, Up, UP... Yay!(If you could see my face, it's not a yay face.) Well the contest of the season is gift cards. I hate selling gift cards. Trying to push sales on guests who have just spent sixty dollars on food and haven't tipped me yet. I always feel like I'm a nag and my tip % is going down as I do. I'm just saying.


**Ok internets, the posts are going to start getting juicy, let me bring you some extra napkins and a refill on your soda. 'Cause if you can handle it, I'm gonna start to let you in on the things that happen around here. The things you'd never know. The things that make it interesting....

No comments: