Sunday, December 7, 2008

Random Restaurant Ramblings

Friday came and went uneventless. Suprisingly.


Saturday however, whole NOTHER story!

I get to work yesterday and feel like I walked into mayhem. I go over to the sidestand and there is an OCEAN of iced tea all over. It apparently took them all day to realize that the iced tea urn was broken (it's only been broken for three weeks-and we haven't been using it...) and empty it. But did they bother to clean up the mess??? Ooh No. Why? Just leave it so it can get sticky and gross. That IS so much more fun. Am I the only person in that place that gets aggravated by this?

Another fun fact? Oh, we're out of napkins. NAPKINS? For real? How, I ask, is this possible?

I'm in an easy section though. Sweet four table section. Oh wait. The hosts though are going to wait until it's empty and quadruple seat me all night long. 'Cause as fast as they get up they're all sat again. Lovely.

Thennnn, if things can get any better, a kid vomits all over the place. And I'm not good with vomit. At all. So as the mother cleans up the kid, I'm trying not to vomit all over the place. In the process I have to get all their food to go and I get weeded.

Later on, once I'm out of the weeds I have a table who, and if you serve you will know what I mean, is just dirty. The way they eat, the way they look, just everything about them screams eww. And I just didn't wanna serve them. Or clean up after them. I hate bussing tables as it is. Especially gross ones.

I made the new girl quit.

Yehp. Apparently, I am mean.

Ok. Now that we have that established, get over it. This is a job, not a daycare. I am mean. She couldn't take the heat. I am not intentionally a bitch but if I'm super duper nice and friendly I get walked all over and then I get stuck doing extra work. When I close, which is always, I check sidework. And I'm hardcore about it. Sorry. Oh wait, no. No, I'm not.

Which brings us to my last ramble of this post. Big GM came up to me yesterday and said that we needed to sit down and talk. Great. What did I do now? I thought he was going to have a "talk" with me about the new girl quitting. But apparently no. He asked me if I was interested in a Shift Supervisor position. I start my six week training course almost immediately. So your looking at the newest member of the management team. Crazy. I know right?

1 comment:

jb said...

Oh.... the dreaded side duties.....and no one wants to do them. Good for you, made her quit then she was a pussy so be gone with her. As for sticking to your guns good for you again and why should you be the one to pick up all the slack from the slackers seriously. You can come and work for me anytime.

Me and my sister are totally anal about the side duties. My mother makes people cry in the kitchen and in the diningroom if all the side stuff isn't done. If we see someone not holding they're own we just let it rip hahahahah it makes me laugh because they stare at us like dears in head lights when we go off like, what are we doing wrong, poor us.

Hahahaha, she quit to bad so sad that's what my mom would say and as for being a bitch it isn't so bad at least you won't get walked on.

That's the Word
JB