Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Lipton Ocean

Yes, Lipton. Like as in Lipton Tea.

What I am referring to is the ocean of tea created in the back last night by the New Girl. She brewed the tea (Much appreciated, because most just leave it empty until I need it and then I have to wait the whole time for it to brew blah blah blah...) BUT forgot to put the tea container underneath the spout. Hence, The Lipton Ocean. I'm walking to my table with a piping hot plate of boneless wings and I hear what sounds like water puoring from the ceiling. I look over and see tea EVERYWHERE. And my next three minutes....

-"OH Jesus" (Loud enough for my WHOLE section to hear) Quick put wings down, grab tea container and stop the spill, run food to table while trying not to take a dip in The Lipton Ocean, find the culprit who brewed tea, tell her she needs to clean it, pick up drinks at bar, greet table, put order in, breathe...-

Then to make matters better, Corporate walks in. Great!!! So the quick make it look presentable scramble starts.

(This looks much like when you were eight and supposed to be cleaning your room and your mom walks in so you push all the stuff you were playing with under the bed)

(Only not as easy to get away with)

So after that we figure out these guys are only here for building inspections. I texted HM to tell him about it. And then he calls me to talk about it. What I've done to merit these phone calls, I don't know. But they are becoming frequent. Not complaining. I talked to him 3-4 times before the night is out. Random.

(Funny side note, Old Faithful comes up and tells me HM called the store and told the MOD (Manager on Duty) to tell her he said hi. What he said was tell everyone there I said hi. But it's fun to tease him about it...)

Drove Little Guy to his train again last night. But thankfully I drove one of the cooks too so I was saved from questions like this "So, when we gon' hook up?"

Oh wait, never.
Ever. In life.

I called Big GM today. Today is his meeting. Tomorrow I find out more about my management training.

4 comments:

Indrayani said...

Hahaha...
:)
Good luck with ur training...
your eventful life!!!!

:D

Kallay said...

oooo... management!? look at you go!

i've also experienced the lipton ocean, as well as the starbucks ocean and a seattle's best fiasco. not fun, and usually the people i work with are too lazy to clean it up so it's me who gets to go surfing.

good luck with the new girl.

jb said...

God..... please make the bad waitress stop. I hate training it's the thing I dread the most.

If only we could teach common sense but holy crap that would take a life time and I'd be dead by then.

Peace
JB

~PakKaramu~ said...

Happy new year to you